Application Process for Emerge NM
The application period for the Class of 2013 has closed. Check back here in the fall of 2013 to apply for the Class of 2014.
Emerge New Mexico seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective and ethical political leadership.
Criteria for selection include:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community;
- interest in pursuing political office;
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal;
- ability and desire to build effective networks;
- ability to articulate a personal political vision;
- demonstrated ability to inspire others;
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings.
Applicants must be women who are registered Democrats and reside in New Mexico.
Emerge New Mexico will select up to 20 women who meet the above criteria and who we believe have the potential to be political leaders.
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.
Your application will be complete once you have:
1) completed the online application,
2) submitted the application fee, and
3) Emerge has received two letters of reference (see online application.)
You are responsible for ensuring that your application is complete.
Participants must commit to attending all classes in order to be accepted. 2013 Program dates are currently scheduled as follows but are subject to change based on trainer availability:
April 5-6: Kickoff on Friday evening and Class 1 on Saturday, 8am-6pm in Albuquerque
May 3-4: Friday night event and Class 2 on Saturday, 8am-6pm in Las Cruces
May 18: Class 3, 1pm-5pm in Albuquerque
June 8: Class 4, 8am-6pm in Albuquerque
July 13: Class 5, 8am-6pm in Albuquerque
August 17: Class 6, 8am-6pm in Albuquerque
September 28: Class 7, 8am-6pm in Albuquerque
October 19: Class 8 and Graduation Ceremony, 8am-6pm in Santa Fe
We are here to help you, whether you are trying to decide if running for office is for you, or you need help completing your application, or you have questions about the program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ashley Sanderson at 505-225-1282.