Application Process for Emerge NM
The application period for the Class of 2017 is now open! All applications must be completed by December 1, 2016. Click here for the 2017 application.
Emerge New Mexico seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective and ethical political leadership.
Criteria for selection include:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community;
- interest in pursuing political office;
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal;
- ability and desire to build effective networks;
- ability to articulate a personal political vision;
- demonstrated ability to inspire others;
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings.
Applicants must be women who are registered Democrats and reside in New Mexico. Participants must commit to attending all classes in order to be accepted. Classes will take place Saturdays, beginning in April 2017.
Emerge New Mexico will select up to 25 women who meet the above criteria and who we believe have the potential to be political leaders.
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.
Your application will be complete once you have:
1) completed the online application by December 1, 2016;
2) submitted the application fee of $35 (pay here); and
3) Emerge has received two letters of reference (see online application.)
You are responsible for ensuring that your application is complete.
Click here to see the 2017 class schedule.
We are here to help you, whether you are trying to decide if running for office is for you, or you need help completing your application, or you have questions about the program. Please contact us at email@example.com or call Ashley Sanderson at 505-231-6123.